The last ditch Brexit fiasco

 I have never wanted Brexit but the Brexit that it appears we will have will according to the OBR damage the economy making it shrink around 4%. Add that to the readjust of the Euro immediately after the vote the economic crisis is just getting worse. Johnson can bluster and put on a brave face, mop the brow of the electorate and say a soothing “there there” but even COVID won’t manage to cover up the damage done. Yes we will be okay in the long run but we are not some Gunboat nation we used to sit on the top table but Brexit will not be the one size fits all the tories proclaimed. Yes I put a small t in the front of the name, I can no longer bring myself to say the words. I voted conservative all of my life (yes small c) but Brexit has changed all of that, I am a paid up member of the labour party and until Starmer sorts things out I am using the small letter for them. I have just read a good article by Polly Toynbee in The Guardian that I enjoyed, if you feel so inclined click here https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/30/boris-johnson-deal-betrayal-brexiters-no-deal

It just reiterated the way I feel about the shambles of Brexit. It has none of my anger towards Cameron or my dislike towards Farrage  but if you have five minutes give it a read.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...