More needs to be done on Mental Health

 I am often going on about mental illness and I make no apologies for doing it. When I was in my mid twenties I suffered what I now would call a breakdown. In those days mental illness wasn’t even mentioned by my doctor. I was just told take these three times a day and shoved out the door. I will never know how different our lives would have been had someone sat me down and explained what I was going through. The reason I am banging the drum again is I have just read two articles about women being murdered by their partner because of the stress of living under COVID conditions.

Mental health can effect us all and in these extreme times it is just below the surface and waiting to erupt. Yes murder is extreme compared to a black eye or a broken wrist. But talking about feelings can make a big difference. People like the Samaritans are there to help. Always at the end of a phone put them in your contacts 116 123.

Remember that “it’s good to talk “



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...