Big headlines won’t head off a recession dead cat bounce

 I had to smile 😊 at the news headlines back to normal by next spring who are they kidding . I used to think the Bank of England was an honourable institution, well after the Governor espoused that little nugget of wishful thinking I have changed my mind. Pent up savings are going to save the day. The economy isn’t even going to hit a bump in the road and not so much as a mention of the recession I feel we are hurtling towards. I too can manipulate figures and I could predict a sunny future after all it’s still winter so the sun is sure to shine sometime during the summer months, but predictions of normality are in my mind hogwash. In this article https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/04/uk-banks-given-six-months-to-prepare-for-negative-interest-rates 

The report says to prepare for negative interest rates so are we going to bounce back to normal or bounce like a dead cat


Because Andrew Bailey, the BoE governor, said: “The monetary policy committee’s central forecast assumes that Covid-related restrictions and people’s health concerns weigh on activity in the near term, but that the vaccination programme leads to those easing, such that gross domestic product is projected to recover strongly from the second quarter of 2021, towards pre-Covid levels.”


He also went on to say recovery will be driven by ‘pent it savings’ driving the recovery. To me that smacks of the eat out to help out debacle of last summer

People won’t have the choice the used to have as not many shops will have survived. Any one remember Debenhams or Top Shop ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...