Remembrance Day again lest we forget

 With each passing year survivors of the war get fewer I only have to look at my own family, aunts and uncles who were born during the thirties and forties are disappearing. Members of the armed forces that survive are now elderly. It is right that we remember the sacrifice made and I find Remembrance Sunday very poignant. 



My own recollection of Remembrance Day goes back to my teens, I recall cold frosty mornings watching the cadet forces parade at the memorial in Faversham. I remember a class mate fainting in full dress uniform and countless other details from fifty years ago. Yet this year due to COVID people up and down the country were unable to pay their respect in the usual way.  I would like to just say Thank You to all of those that have and those that still continue to serve in our armed forces.❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...