Mental health problems matter

 I am the first to tell someone with mental health issues to seek help. I have been on antidepressants for years and if for any reason I don’t take them for a few days I can feel the darkness gathering.  I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis am captive to my wheelchair 🦼 or my bed and I can no loner stand so have to be hoisted from one to the other. I am catheterised and awaiting a stoma operation. Coping with all of that makes me depressed I am not saying that as a Top Trump it is just for those reading this to get a little background as to why I have needed antidepressants, if I entered a ‘bad health pissing competition’ I would be a long way from  Top Trump. But I know people will read I have been on antidepressants for years And think why does he need medication to cope.
There I go making excuses for suffering from depression, that’s crazy I will never meet you and you don’t know me from Adam. Yet I feel I need to justify myself to you🤔. All I want to say is if you are suffering there is no harm seeking help. Don’t bottle it all up or hit the bottle I can tell you it don’t help. The best thing to do is talk to someone and if that someone is a doctor 👩‍⚕️  👨‍⚕️ male or female all the better. They are trained in helping. I am not as you can tell from this post. I am just a well meaning old man who wants the best for you especially at the moment with Covid and another lockdown about to start. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...