Blood clot on the lung an Ulcer plus Pneumonia

I told you I had been into the  UCHL for some fettling of my Baclofen Pump. Whilst there it was discovered that I had Pneumonia a Blood Clot on the Lung (Pulmonary embolism) and an Ulcer so my Baclofen Pump increase was put on hold until all the other problems a sorted    

I have been very unwell and even now after a couple of days at home I an feeling a long long way from better. Evidently the PE (Pulmonary embolism) will take three to six months to disperse and the blood thinning tablets are to be taken with care. The Pneumonia has had some super strong antibiotics and my breathing is improved but not perfect because of my blood clot🤨. I need to have a camera down my throat to check out the Ulcer and some other Gastric stuff, all in all I was jolly lucky 🍀 to have been in hospital when all of these things combined to do me harm. I finish five days of twice daily injections from the district nurses tomorrow and start taking the blood thinning tablets on Monday. They are the modern replacement for Warfarin   

Our youngest daughter summed up the last few days by saying “if you were a cat you used up one of your lives”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...