Wheelchair gardening

I have to be hoisted in and out of the wheelchair as my legs and most of my body no longer works, S when it comes to wheelchair gardening I actually cannot do any. But Heather does the graft and I do the buying and when the purchases arrive I supervise. Today Heather planted out three Geraniums that arrived by post yesterday. eBay is my go to place after being ripped off by a big plant supplier the plants they sent out as mature plugs were so tiny the must have been terrified to be out alone in the big wide world and to be honest out of 108 plugs less than half survived. The eBay purchases have all come from individual sellers who love plants and who have taken photos of the very plants I have received. Today’s ones had flower buds and we could make out two of the colours. We have three more arriving soon all a deep red from another eBay seller. 
The plug plant escapade was a learning experience and future purchases will be eBay based or from garden centre visits when I feel brave enough to leave the safety of home. The way it’s looking I won’t be going out until the new year, notice I am not specifying which new year! So Heather is the muscle and I am the brains of our gardening escapades. Here’s to all the eBay suppliers of flowers.👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...