Another small thing but a huge leap for Disabled Don

It may seem insignificant and trivial but today's milestone was going out to eat a McDonald's! I can say that I accomplished this goal in my recovery this full honours and a small feather in my cap! We went out sometime after eleven thirty and drove to the drive through in Minster. Heather and I have a fear 😱 yes fear of drive throughs and we always park up and people watch! So we were tucked safely away in the corner close to both bins and exit and off she toddled in search of food!! I sat in the back wheelchair lashed down and two seatbelts on and Set about people watching! Now our car is really a converted van with rear access ramp to enable me to travel in my wheelchair ♿ the rear Windows are blacked out! Not Gangsta style but dark enough for me to go un-noticed. Perfect for looking out at the outside world. I have been perfecting people watching for over forty years and scanning with blacked out Windows is really as good as it gets! It all started on our first holiday away with friends when our kids were in prams! And as our holidays have progressed the art has been honed! You would be surprised the amount of tents caravans and motor homes I have been guided round by proud owners. 😄 Now I'm my dotage I am unable to be getting in and out of people's home from home so I spy on them eating their food in the car in McDonalds car park! You should see what some people eat and how many drive off discarding wrappers out of the window rather than walk ten feet to put their rubbish in the bin! I must say that today's people used the bin a lot as it was full to the brim. Several people pushed it down but on cheeky crow managed to grab a bag of rubbish fly up to about fifty feet and drop to get the contents scattered all over the road! It then proceeds to pick over the debris and eat the reward of his ingenuity! I have seen Gulls do similar with sea shells to get the contents of the clam or cockle but McDonald's bags that's a real skill! That's been my day. Two weeks after surgery I successfully completed a trip to McD and stayed awake until now. Time for shut eye me thinks and dreams about dare devil Crows risking life and wing to get a meal! Night night 🌙 I am extremely tired.😴

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...