Multiple Sclerosis and UTI urine tract infecion

I have had multiple sclerosis for getting on for thirty years I was diagnosed twenty six years ago!. Time flies. Our then three year old son is married and living and working in Qatar.Our daughters are no longer school girls but mums in their own rites. Grandsons who weren't born are grown and at secondary school, and one who is the youngest will be going to big school come September. I that time many many things have changed with my body. I used to tile roofs and walk up and down ladders! Now I cannot walk at all. I am in a wheelchair and transfer via a ceiling hoist. I have a through floor lift to enable me to get upstairs. I did have a stair lift but that became to dangerous, an accident waiting to happen. I have got myself a catheter, first I was self characterizing then I opted for a supra pubic catheter where an incision is cut in your gut and the bladder and I have my catheter changed every eight weeks. This has been happening regular as clock work for nearly five years without any infections. I used to get a UTI every month previously! But last week I got a UTI and it has knocked me for six. Temperature shakes urine not flowing. I had it all, but today I started a course of Nitrofurantoin antibiotics. Oh The joys of MS. I am possibly getting a stoma bag for my constipated bowel  soon. Same thing just for solid waste not liquid! #catheter #MultipleSclerosis #UTI #Stoma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...