Purple leg bag syndrome Catheter Multiple Sclerosis

 I am still waiting for test results from the GP surgery on a urine sample but my urine bag has been different shades of purple for three weeks. I have been feeling awful and had several spells in bed last week including on my birthday 🙁. The urine stinks it changes the inside of the leg bag to purple but no one will confirm it is an infection. As the nurse said when she collected the sample “if it looks like an infection it smells like an infection then you can bet it is an infection “  I expect to get the results back and it to be clear.

 The urine sample results will never come back due to an error sending them 🤯 But after fifty minutes on hold to surgery the resulting conversation resulted in a GP prescribed antibiotics. So now hopefully we can get on the road to recovery 👍. My urine bag is very purple and very cruddy lots of sediment.  Two days of antibiotics and changed leg bag lo and behold no purple! Strange how I take antibiotics and it goes but the gp think no infection. 


Here is a link to BMJ article https://casereports.bmj.com/content/2018/bcr-2018-226395








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments but please don’t spam me.

Litter litter everywhere can’t anyone use a bin

 I was in my wheelchair recently passing a paper shop and a man came out of the shop cigarette pack in hand, he peeled the cellophane off an...